Having a Whale of a Time


Severe lack of blogging in the last few months. 

Fortunately it's not been laziness but because I've been so bloody swamped skipping from one exciting job to another that there's been no time to tell anyone about it. Which is nice really.

For the most part of August and September I was working alongside the lovely folks at Anarchy, on one of their many feature projects. Swell studio, lovely folks and the most enviable collection of 'things': trinkets, treasures, props I've ever seen stowed away in a mezzanine. Bob's certainly got some great, great bits.


I was brought on originally to work on the latest Ron Howard production In the Heart of the Sea; the story of whaling ship The Essex, set off the coast of Nantucket Island and the events which took place in 1820 that later inspired Herman Melville to write Moby Dick. 
Without giving too much away before the release....

I spent my time making/ dressing ships in bottles...



(Love a good rigging)



Drawing saucy mermaids in sailors sketchbooks....


And artworking some nice big chests...



Sea-faring heaven! As I said. I had a whale of a time. 




Comments

Popular Posts